Dearest Furry Friendz of the Internetz...
Katiez Katz stay with different family members.

Monday, August 11, 2014

Toby Vet Visit, Star Fish and Monday Mewviez


Hello furry friends...Toby here.  Remember how I gots my tail slammed on and had to get the tip amputated? That happened back in April.  You can reads story here: Toby's Tail. 

Well my tail am been bothering me somthin terrible since surgery. The end am bin hurting and twitching on its own... I tried chasing my tail every day to make it mind, but that not help at all... I even tried chewing fur on my back, but that just made a mess.  

So Auntie Katie and Dad Mike tooks me to the vet on Saturday.  The vet purr-scribed a neural pain reliever called gabapentin. (and shaved my messy furs) Auntie Katie gave me my first dose Saturday night and wow! My tail started behaving again!  I hads the bestest sleep!  I had another one last night.  The vet said pills are furry safe and I can has up to three doses a day if needed.  I may has to take this stuff likes furever... but if my tail behaves and nots bother me no more, then taking pills be worth it... besides they has nice flavor.

Now for Monday Mewvies. Auntie Katie found furry inspurrational mewvie bouts a guy helping others and no approval from anyones fur doing dat... him gets a different reward... Please watch. It am furry goods. (Subtitles in English -K)

You Can Be A Hero, Too



That's how Auntie Katie feels about helping us cats and sharing cats who need rescued, even if no one commented yesterday. Her would helps all the same.  Like the story about saving starfish. There am several versions adapted from The Star Thrower by Loren C. Eiseley.


One day an old man was walking along the beach. The low tide had filled the beach with thousands of stranded starfish, carried in by the sea and left behind.

He walked very carefully so not to step on the beautiful creatures. Since the starfish seemed to still be alive, the old man thought about picking up a few and returning them back to the water where they could resume their lives. He knew the starfish would die if left on the beach's dry sand. Yet, he couldn't possibly help them all, so he chose to do nothing and continued walking.

Soon afterward, the man came upon a young girl on the beach frantically throwing one starfish after another back into the sea. The old man stopped and asked the child, "What are you doing?"
"I'm saving the starfish," she replied.

"Stop wasting your time. There are too many! Your efforts won't matter. You can't save them all," argued the man. "You can’t even begin to make a difference."

Without hesitation, the child picked up another starfish and tossed the starfish back into the water... "I can make a difference for this one." 

The old man left and went home, deep in thought of what the young girl had said. The next morning, he returned to the beach and spent the day helping her throw starfish back in the sea.

No matter what... you can always makes a difference. One kitty (starfish) at a time.

Purrz n Stuffs, Sir Toby
"oh, Auntie Katie, will you brush me now, please?"

13 comments:

Hannah and Lucy said...

We're glad that the vet has given you something to make your tail stop hurting and stop ir from twitching.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Brian's Home Blog said...

I am sure glad your tail is doing better! Yes, we can make a big difference. Just remember, lots read and share and never comment.

Katiez Furry Mewz said...

And that's furry goods too... cause sometime it hard to know whats to writes. So furry thankful that Simba is getting his second chance. =^..^=

Katiez Furry Mewz said...

I hope there am still a furry speshul anonimouse that might be reading sometimes too... and that he prays fur me... cause I still pray for him and his wife.

Marg said...

Oh that is so true about taking in cats. That saying is what keeps me going. At least I am helping these cats that live here.Great story. Take care.

The Furries of Whisppy said...

We're glad that yummy pain reliever is helping with your tail. Good sleep is so important. :)

Mommy's watched that video three times and still enjoys the message. Thai commercials often have pretty good messages.

Cats Herd You said...

We're glad to hear that your tail is doing better!

Katie Isabella said...

I am SO SO happy to learn your tail is behaving and I am glad you were shaved to help you not to have to take care of those furs while you don't feel well. Sending love sweetheart. Please feel all ether quickly and I love the Starfish story. Absolutely true.

Anonymous said...

OUCh about the tail new friend xx Hope the nasty place have given you some strong stuff xxx

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

Hoping your tail feels better soon and that the meds help! www.catchatwithcarenandcody.com

Anonymous said...

Glad yous tail feels all better. Weez cn't see da video tho' sez sumfin' 'bout bein' blocked fur copyright weasons.

Luv ya'

Dezi

Katiez Furry Mewz said...

Thanks, Dezi!!! Found the Official one. Updated with Official Video!

Anonymous said...

Dat be such a sweet video Katie. Fanks fur shawin' it. :)

Luv ya'

Dezi